View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 29, 2010, 11:01am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anchor View Post
I think this is an either/or situation. Arguments could be made that the ball was at the disposal (handed but not accepted) and that it was not (never touched). I'm thinking it is a HTBT situation: if it was obvious trickery to deceive the opponent into guarding the wrong person I'd tend toward calling it; if it was clearly a brain cramp by some kid being a kid I'd tend to let it slide.

Would it make a difference if the official had bounced the ball (begun his bounce) and the thrower just ignored the ball and changed places while the ball dribbled away?
Gut reaction would be that the bounce to the player puts it at his/her disposal. Start the count, nobody else can touch.

Unless you deem it to be a bad bounce, as to a FT shooter, and simply kill it and say let's start this thing over.

Back to the OP, it's a HTBT but seems one could make the case that the ball was put on the ground at the team's disposal, not just A1, so play on. Same as if the ball was placed down if they were tardy breaking their huddle.