View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 28, 2010, 02:53pm
Official Forum Member

To make a long story short...

Unbeknown to me on Tuesday, we had a photographer on the sideline that was heckling the other two officials. To make it better, this photographer e-mailed one of the officials the next day to criticize our officiating the evening before. Come to find out he was a member of the press for the visiting city. I felt this contact with an official was unprofessional and unethical by a member of the media and I let the conference assigner, AD from both schools, and fellow officials know my opinion.

Update: I just got an e-mail from the AD of the home school. He has informed me that this photographer will no longer be welcome to use his media pass any longer on their campus.

Hopefully this situation is resolved and this member of the media knows it's not appropriate to do this any longer. I hope the next time he disagrees with the officiating he goes to his respective AD to complain. If they feel the need to pass on the concerns, they can go to the conference assigner.

Lesson learned. I'm getting a copy of the video from the home AD so it'll be interesting to watch.

-Josh