Thread: Gutless!
View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 28, 2010, 05:37am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmara View Post
If they would have called it, one of them should have approached (before you reported) and let you know what they thought!

-Josh
Why? Did one of them also have a whistle on the play? If not, then they should stay the heck out of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpea View Post
without the benefit of a replay monitor, I would absolutely expect that my partners will provide me with information about whether an intentional foul or flagrant foul should be called. DO NOT keep that info. to yourself and then tell me about it in the locker room! - THAT is the definition of gutless....imho.

btw, the disaster occurs after an intentional or flagrant foul is not called when it is needed (either during the game or the next day when your supervisor calls you to discuss your lack of action)....
If I don't have a whistle on the play, then you can call whatever you wish. I don't care.
That said, if I observe an intentional of flagrant foul ANYWHERE on the court, I will blow the whistle and if one of my partners also has a whistle, then we can talk, but I'm not yielding to him if he only has a common foul. I learned a long time ago from a fantastic mentor to never give up anything which you see as intentional or flagrant.

You are correct that passing on such is going to lead to big problems later.