View Single Post
Old Mon Dec 30, 2002, 10:12am
Official Forum Member

This is geared towards guys who have worked Freshman / JV double headers....We tossed the Visotors Freshman coach....it was my T that was his 2nd direct and it was overdue.

This was during the Freshman game of a triple header (Freshman / JV / Varsity) of one of the biggest rivalries in town. So, how many of you would have then been the guy who then gave the visiting JV coach a much deserved T? I was determined to give the guy some rope and he took 112%. It was almost like he knew he had that rope too. I managed to keep my cool and get out of there but here's some of the things he said / did:

Choke sign while I was reporting
Questioned our interity ("why dont you just give them the game" after a foul call)
Got on my @$$ for asking for my P's help on a line call
etc etc.

I let him go because I didnt want to be known as the guy who ran the Freshman coach and then whacked the JV coach.

How would you handle? I am sure a lot of you out there would understand that it's hard to climb the ladder nowadays. Seems like coaches have a lot more input these days on who gets to work in their leagues. In hindsight, I think I should have whacked him for the choke sign because that would have shown up on tape.

Why is it that almost every freshman and JV coach in Ohio has to act like Bobby Knight or Bob Huggins on their worst days?

Larks
VIT