View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 27, 2010, 05:54pm
Huck Finn

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMSN View Post
Is there some kind of an unspoken pecking order in play here? Sounds like the boys officials were higher on the food chain than the partners you worked with.
Our assigner has to juggle officials and make adjustments. Most of the time, I would be doing a boys game, but we are supposed to take what we are assigned. For me, the fact that this game was early and close to my house made it fine. For 32 minutes, I'm trying to get plays right, period.

The assigner puts someone who can do either boys or girls on the girls game as the crew chief. The guys I worked with last night will not do any boys varsity unless it is a smaller school out of town - that would be a double header. I would be nervous working with them on a boys game.

I think there is certainly a pecking order at play. We have a rating system and officials are assigned accordingly. I would be the crew chief unless I'm working with someone who is the same rating as me.