View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 27, 2010, 05:19pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomegun View Post
The officials doing the boys game ripped my two partners at halftime. I was kind of shocked and amused at how much they lit into them. They said things like, "Tom is the only one who looks like he wants to be here" and, "Tom had to go calm the coach down three times." It was kind of funny because it is something I would normally do, but not as harsh.
Is there some kind of an unspoken pecking order in play here? Sounds like the boys officials were higher on the food chain than the partners you worked with.

I probably don't have a whistle in my mouth during the first of 2 (or first 2 of 3) but I'll see tomorrow when I work. It wouldn't be a big deal to bring it up and blow it if needed. Of course I work football and drop the whistle from my mouth at the snap, so I'm used to holding it in my hand and bringing it up when I need it.

The partner who doesn't believe in ad/disad and RSBQ, well, what can you say. I've incorporated RSBQ in my pregame with unfamiliar partners, BTW -- I am trying to get us all on the same page with how we officiate ball handlers up top and I think this is a great way to discuss it. As far as putting the ball on the floor, haven't done it in at least 5-6 years and then only when a team was essentially daring me to do it. Teams typically are coming out before the second horn and that's good enough for me.