Thread: First Blarge
View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 27, 2010, 11:35am
Huck Finn

I think it is something you should cover in pregame. One thing I always talk about is the Lead's inclination to go with a charge or block immediately. Right or wrong this is what happens IMO. I also agree with the person who made the comment about plays during transition. As the Lead, you were likely trying to get back and receive the play which it sounds like you did successfully. Also, you are watching the play so you didn't know where the Trail (This was two man?) was.

On the flip side, the C or T should be given the opportunity to work his or her primary. I think it is a slippery slope at times, made worse by the fact that is could vary from night to night depending on what you pregame. In the end, I think the best advice is to pregame it and constantly attempt to improve awareness of things like double whistles and locating your partner to the best of your ability.

Was B1 the primary defender?