Thread: AD Calls Game
View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 27, 2010, 09:45am
Go Blue

AD Calls Game

Hi, new here, been reading for a couple of weeks, great forum. This one is a bit wordy, but I hope I explained it enough.

I had a JVB game last night. Not a physical game. Fouls were 10-4 in favor of the H team in first half. V HC complaining about calling both ways, ect..., somewhat mouthy.

Third Q, uneventful, 7-8 fouls called, V coach quiet.

Early 4th, my partner who is lead calls an intentional foul and a break away,
V1 pushes H1 in back during the lay-up, H1 falls and twists his knee. My partner call for the IT right away. The V HC goes ballistic, saying V1 was going for the ball from below. I go and get ready to administer the free throws while my partner reports the foul and they attend H1 still on the floor. There was already a H sub at the table ready to come in before this happened. They then send to the table a second sub to replace the H1 who was injured. The V HC went ballistic on that saying he can't come in. At this point, I don't know why my partner didn't T him, I wish he had.

Fast forward to 2 minutes left in the game. Home team had a 16-20 point lead most of the game, 18 at this point. V doing a man-to-man press. In the BC near the division line. V2 reaches in and grabs H2 arm and I call a foul. H2 then swings his arm and catches V2 in the head. I start to go towards them to seperate them and call a T on H2. Before that happens, a couple of players from both teams come and start pushing each other. My partner comes over and we seperate the teams and send them back to their benches before any punches are thrown. During this time, V HC screaming "You have to call that" on the initial T. I tell the coach "I got it".
I don't know if the coach knew I meant that I have the T. We go to the table to sort things out and give T's to the right player. I am giving the V HC a T, but I want to sort the players out before I do that. Then the 2 HC start screaming at each other and before I get a chance to T the V HC, the AD behind the table says "This game in over, I'm calling it". I look at the AD and said are you sure and hes says yes. I inform the HC's the game is called by the AD. The V HC syas" What? Are they forfieting?" And the AD responded, "That's fine, put the W in your coloumn, I don't care, this game is over" (non league game). At that we left the floor.

Two mistakes I feel we made. One is not T'ing the V HC earlier. Should I have come accross the floor from the base line ti T the coach when my partner was right there?

Second is I think we left the floor before sorting out and reporting all the T's. We should have made sure they were in the book before we left.