View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 27, 2010, 02:51am
Official Forum Member

case book play situation

4.19.8 SITUATION C: A1 drives for a try and jumps and releases the ball. Contact occurs between A1 and B1 after the release and before airborne shooter A1 returns one foot to the floor. One official calls a blocking foul on B1 & the other official calls a charging foul on A1. The try is (a) successful, or (b) not successful.
RULING: Even though airborne shooter A1 committed a charging foul, it is not a player-control foul because the two fouls result in a double personal foul. The double foul does not cause the ball to become dead on the try. In (a), the goal is scored; play is resumed at the point of interruption, which is a throw-in for Team B from anywhere along the end line. In (b), the point of interruption is a try in flight; therefore the alternating-possession procedure is used. (4-36)

Ok, I may a judgement in error on how I thought of the play as like it states above, AP should of been used as the try in flight was unsuccessful. MY BAD

However the shooter was allowed the 2 FTs, with no AP.