View Single Post
Old Sun Dec 29, 2002, 09:32pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Love2ref4Ever
Exclamation

I will be putting together a forum here in the New York City area entitled "The State Of Officiating." The purpose of this forum will be to bring together evryone who is interested in improving the quality of officiating in this area. I have reached out to officials and coaches on the high school and AAU levels to get them to attend. I plan on breaking down into groups to discuss various issues in officiating which are of concern. A few topics of discussion may be: 3 person crews, camps, moving up the ladder, rating system, and some others. At each group there would be one group leader and a person taking notes.After the round table discussions are completed,each group leader would have five minutes to share what solutions that each group may have decided. Then after each group leader has spoken we would try to come up with ways to move foward with these ideas. Plus, this would also be the first of a series of forums to come. I thought maybe some of my fellow officials may have some ideas or views that may be great for a forum like this. If you do, would you please pass them along to me. I am also considering inviting some of the High school assignors from this area, hopefully they will accept the invitation to attend this forum.