View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 25, 2010, 01:53pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by All_Heart View Post
Is the following play handled correctly? I am mostly interested in the ruling for NCAA Men but I also added NCAA Women and NFHS just to see how different they are and if they are correct? I want to make sure that my terminology and classification of fouls are correct too.

Play

1. B1 fouls A1 while shooting.
  2. A1 shoves B1 (not flagrantly).
  3. B1 says "Kiss my ***"
  4. Coach B yells "That call was horrible and you need glasses"
And since you've got the NCAA / NFHS stuff I figured I give you the FIBA rulings as well...

FIBA
  1. B1 fouls A1 while shooting. A1 is awarded 2 Free Throws (assuming a 2-point FG attempt that missed).
  2. A1 shoves B1 (not flagrantly). A1 is assessed a Unsportsmanlike Foul. B1 is awarded 2 FT + Team B possession at the division line.
  3. B1 says "Kiss my ***" B1 is assessed a Technical Foul. Team A awarded 2FT + possession at the division line.
  4. Coach B yells "That call was horrible and you need glasses" Coach B is assessed a Technical Foul. Team A awarded 2FT + possession at the division line.

FIBA tells us to offset penalties of equal weight & in the order of occurance therefore the A1 Unsportmanlike and the B1 Technical are recorded but the penalties cancel each other. The resulting administration of FT would be:

- A1 shoots theirs for the 1st foul with the lanes cleared (assume 2 FT for a missed 2 point try)
- Any Team A player shoots 2 FT for the Coach B Technical.
- Team A then gets possession of the ball at the division line for the ensuing throw-in to resume play.