View Single Post
Old Sun Jan 24, 2010, 11:16am
Official Forum Member

I've been struggling with this for a year next month. Tweaked it playing indoor soccer, 2nd worst pain I've ever felt, took the week off from play, felt great walking around etc, went and played the following weekend, feeling great til I somehow tweaked it, now the worst pain I've ever felt, I'm talking, pale, sweating type pain.. Doc verified nothing torn, and say's it'll never be the same but shouldn't tear on ya.
I took nearly a month off from playing/running. After a couple attempts of coming back too soon, I got it through my thick head, let it settle down, plenty of ice/heat for that month, with stretching exercises in between, lots of em. I was able to finish up the BB season and migrated into and made it through a tuff softball season as well.
Happy to say though it's not the same, it certainly works (achilles I'm talking about).
High maintainence to say the least. Began doing my stretching/strengthening exerecises religiously. I'm 51 on Superbowl Sunday, playing on two adult basketball teams during the week, and gym rat-n, every Sat AM and making it work. Doubt I'll ever play soccer again, fun but just to easy to get your body out of normal positions IMO.

You can not stretch it often enough nor too much IMHO. Warm up is the key for me, I gotta start early and really stretch it and warm it up and I must continue to do so throughout the activity and after I'm done or "pay the price for a few days".
Get your 4X4 block or two, I've a couple, one in my office at work and one in my gym bag. I'm on it every minute I can, stairs work, curbs work, bleachers, benches, I've become a freak about it, but it's working for me.
Hang in there "rest it" if you need, then stay on top of it and hopefully your back to 100% soon.
And ah just remember; "pain is just fear leaving the body".