View Single Post
Old Sun Jan 24, 2010, 12:51am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by representing View Post
This is one of my pet peeves about partners. Some will just not want to switch in JV or lower games. And the other one is switching when you're not supposed to switch. Perfect example is if I'm the T and my partner's the L, and the ball goes out of bounds near the half-court line in my corner and it goes the other way, I'll blow my whistle dead and get ready to turn when my partner will already be at the half-court line to go to the other endline. I even pregame this and it still happens.

There really shouldn't be any initiation of switching. You and your partner should know when to switch that it should just happen as if it was instinctive. If you know you're supposed to switch, then just start walking. That's what I do. If your partner waves you off as if to say stay there, go to him and say "You know we're supposed to switch, so we're switching".
I have difficulty understanding what you are saying in the bolded part of your post as your writing is not clear on the details.
If the ball went OOB in the old frontcourt, then the old Lead should come over and administer the throw-in while the old Trail moves down the court to become the new Lead. There would not be a switch in this case.

However, if the ball crossed the division line prior to going OOB and the throw-in will be in the new frontcourt, then whichever official was responsible for that line and made the OOB call would administer the throw-in. This may necessitate a switch.

Your statement in red is just plain wrong as demonstrated by the citation from the NFHS manual.