View Single Post
Old Sat Jan 23, 2010, 10:26pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by representing View Post
I have my first official, in-the-books Varsity game (I've done varsity level scrimmages and tournaments) this coming Thursday. It will be 3-man with one of my friends and a guy I've never met but heard "bad" things about him.
Could some of you experienced 3-man officials give me some tips about Varsity games? I don't want to f*ck this up.

I'm kind of nervous, and actually may not be doing it anyways because I f*cked up my hip last night during the games I had. I was hardly able to run during my wreck games today (5 of them) and I don't have much of a break this whole week before Thursday to just sit down and relax. I got CYO games tomorrow, a JV Girls game on Monday, and three JH games on Wednesday. Tuesday I will be going in to work for most of the day.
He may have heard "bad" things about you, too....

First of all, if your hip prevents you from being able to get up and down the floor, you are better off letting the assignor know. While a delay can be bad for the impatient official, performing poorly could be much worse.

Otherwise, have a good solid pre-game, relax, be focused on your primary, trust your partners and SLOW DOWN....as most tend to speed their mechanics during these situations.

Good luck....