Thread: Pregames
View Single Post
Old Sat Jan 23, 2010, 02:35pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins View Post
The scorer is "responsible for the posession arrow." That doesn't mean s/he has to be the only one who physically presses the button.
Bob,

I was asking a bit of a stupid question, as I've seen the possession arrow physically taken care of by either the scorer or the the timer. In the JV & C-Squad games where I'm scorevoard/timer, I'm the one that physically handles the possession arrow. Then again, generally the official scorers in the JV & C-Squad games don't keep track of the AP either. Only once so far this year, during a JV or C-Squad game, have I seen a scorebook keep track of the possession arrow, that happened this last weekend. The scorebook keeping track, however, was the visitng book.

When I mean physically handle the possession arrow, I actually spin it, as it's a wooden arrow.

However, on the "Instructions to & duties of the scorers for basketball games", under equipment it states:

Scorebook, pencils, possession arrow & signaling device with sound different from that of the timer. The scorebook must be available for inspection at the table from 10 minutes prior to game time until the referee has approved the final score.