Thread: Pregames
View Single Post
Old Sat Jan 23, 2010, 10:29am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chseagle View Post
On jump balls, if the team on offense keeps the ball, no reset. If the team on defense gets the ball, reset.

On full TOs & Intermissions: 45 seconds into. On 30-sec. TOs: 15 seconds into. On DQd, 5 seconds into.

If against an active player or players on bench: Mark 1 personal as well as 1 T & 1 team foul. If against a DQd player on bench: 1 against team foul & an indirect against the coach. If player dunks or grasps basket in warm-ups, 1 personal, 1 T, 1 team foul, & indirect against the coach. Sub coming in without beckoning &/or reporting: 1 personal, 1 T, & 1 team foul. Administrative: 1 team foul. Asst. Coach: indirect against HC & 1 team foul. HC: 1 T Direct & 1 team foul.

Concerning the horn & subs, I don't always buzz when I notice an official call subs in.

What I am meaning by having a pregame for table crew is just the table crew by themselves. A time to discuss what is & is not allowed concerning behavior while at table (remaining neutral, no cell phones or friends, etc.)

Another thing concerning table crew, on "Instructions to & duties of the scorer for basketball games", it says:

"DURING INTERMISSIONS:
1. Either the official scorer or a delegated assistant must be at the
scorer’s table with the official scorebook at all times."

How often is the scorebook left on the table with no one there?

You're my hero. You figured out the art of crtrl+c and ctrl+v.

To answer your question- no the table crew isn't involved in my pregame with my partner. There's no need.

If I'm the R, I remind them about the running score and eye contact for the timer,stopping on a whistle and starting on a hand chop for the timer and my 24 second operators get more details.