View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 22, 2010, 10:11pm
Official Forum Member

Off Topic Sportsmanship Issue

Did a strange game last night.

Gr 9 A pool game

Was going to be an obvious blow out, team A had 8 players and weakest player was debatably as good as team b's best. Team b showed up a little cocky and their coach obviously thought they could pull off an upset.

Game starts, team a presses them hard, pulls the press at about a 16 point lead. Quarter ends 26-6

2nd quarter starts and coach b has pulled his starters, and puts his bench on the floor against a vastly superiour team. Team b's players were shellshocked and got waxed bad,meanwhile their coach sat down and never said a word. Wasn't long before team b completely quit.

Team B didn't put their starters on the floor again, starters were on the bench, shoes off, IPods on???

Team B wouldn't even run on defense, jogged back always at least 3 guys behind the play, desperate effort I thought.

Meanwhile team A, sat their best players, played about 3/4 speed on offence and hard on defence. No showboating, mouths shut and very respectfully hammered them.

Partner and I didn't agree on coach A. Partner thought coach A should should have slowed the game down a lot, walked the ball up court, tried harder to kill the clock for a whole half.

I disagreed, I thought coach b put in coach in a areally bad situation to start, and his team's failure to compete and even run back on defense didn't warrant that much mercy. Team A eased up a lot on B, but still won 105-9

Comments