View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 22, 2010, 12:59pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chartrusepengui View Post
Why don't coaches coach? I don't understand why they think that repeatedly confronting officials, staring at officials etc is helping their team.
JUCO at its core is a sleazy level where coaches often have to do sleazy things to get kids to play or to keep their jobs. It is not uncommon that these guys bring in kids that have no business playing college ball (because of their grades and other attitudes) and they bring them in and for some reason by January cannot keep many of their players. Often times you are dealing with coaches that think they can deal with you like they have to deal with their kids. Where NAIA schools have more consist standards to for academics and D3 and D2 get kids that really want to play and do what it takes to play as the scholarships are minimal. I think it is the nature of the level and because this is a "job" for many of these coaches they are under a lot of pressure. They do not win, they lose their jobs. I do see more reserved attitudes from other college levels I have worked.

Peace