Thread: Book Error
View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 22, 2010, 11:51am
Official Forum Member

I had a situation in a game last weekend - A35 had 2 fouls and got a technical for an altercation with another player (so 3 total) in the first quarter. He came out at that for the rest of the half (this of which I was certain since my attena was up on both of the two players).

Third quarter starts and a few minutes in I come to the table and report a foul on A35 (keeping track in my head, I knew this was the 4th on the player).

I report and start walking away form the table when the horn sounds, they let me know its the player's 5th foul...

I go to table and A Coach is obviously upset and stating his player has been out a quarter and a half... but honestly I can't pin down where the mix-up occurred - there isn't even any other players in the 30's or with a 5 in their jersey... My partner and I also know we haven't called five on him...but thats what the book says

To make matters worse, it was a MLK Showcase game so thee was no home book and no visitor book - just one official book to go by.

So we go with the book and move on.

There is no way to handle this any differently is there? We can't just have a non-assigned team foul right?