View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 22, 2010, 05:14am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Kent View Post
Ok Ok....now you all have me questioning this call more than I had previously (which is a good thing if I can learn from it). Can we run through the different scenieros for a moment.

Option 1. Assumption his knee extended and W5 didn't travel we have what C has in the video. A block and two shots correct?

Correct

Option 2. With the assumption that I was wrong on the "wider than normal" stance or the knee (which I easily could have been) but the assumption that W5 didn't travel, then we just have a no call on a shot correct?

Agreed

Option 3. A no call on the block, and a travel = a travel

Agreed

Option 4. A blocking foul, but a travel by W5 after the foul, then we have what Snaq mentioned earlier with a rare situation where because the travel created a non-legal shot attempt we award White the ball on the baseline. Correct?

Disagree. If you believe W5 was attempting a shot when he was fouled, but then traveled after the foul occurred, you would award two shots. The difference is that if the shot went in, you would wave it off and still award two shots.

What would be the proper mechanic for Option 4? Blow, fist, waive off shot, block signal, point baseline then report?
In this situation, the correct mechanic if the shot doesn't go in would be blow, fist, block signal, two shots, report. No reason to waive off the shot if it didn't go in as you would just add to the confusion.

If the shot went in, but the travel occurred, then I would have blow, fist, waive the shot, block, two shots. Then likely a quick explanation to your partners, then you are going to have to verbalize an explanation at the table and likely to the coaches.