View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 21, 2010, 03:35pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeschmit View Post
I got it paused right as the contact happens, and I dont think that C was straightlined at the point of contact. At least not to the point as to where he cant get a good enough look on the play to make a PC call. I would like the C to come out and get this one, but the L should have a late/double whistle on this. I can see how the L might be guessing a little bit, especially if they are at close-down position at the time of contact.

Bottom line, there were bodies on the floor due to a crash happening from contact. We probably need to have something there, most likely coming from the C. The L can have a late whistle on this if they didn't like what the C passed on.
I'm not thrilled with the C's position on this or what he does with his positioning as the play developed (nothing, really).

When that curl play develops, I would like to see the C step down and get position to look through this contact. A strong C could've called this PC foul with no problems.

I agree that the L could've been a step or two deeper and a step or two wider, as well.