View Single Post
Old Sat Dec 28, 2002, 02:01pm
Official Forum Member

originally posted by BktBallRef
Where do you read that Juulie was counting quarters? __________________________________________________ _________
Originally posted by rainmaker
He said he wanted to play without her, because he was saving her quarters for the varsity part ofthe tournament later today. (In Oregon, HS players are only allowed to play in 5 quarters in one day). I told him he was required to play her, since she was eligible and available. There was a good deal of discussion, but I finally insisted that she play or the coach could forfeit. He finally put her in, and she finished the game.
__________________________________________________ __________
Coach said he was "saving her guarters"...what if he had said "she has played all her quarters"? Do you go back and check the previous game's books? IMO, NO!
My point is...the Coach says "Blah, Blah, Blah" it dosen't matter...if he dosen't want her to play then THERE IS NO SUBSTITUE AVAILABLE...play on!
__________________________________________________ _________
Originally posted by rainmaker
Furthermore, he tried to claim that she was injured and therefore, not "available." I said that in that case, she would be injured for the varsity game as well
__________________________________________________ __________
Am I reading you right, JR? Is this what you would do?

Again guys and gals, if a Coach tells me his Sub is not available to participate...then IMO the intent of the rule has been met.

Dude
P.S. Julie...you seem like a very conscientious official and a very likable person...but check out one of the Syn. for conscientious in "Webster's New World Thesaurus"...STRICT.
My motto is "watch out about being overly officious".