Thread: need advice
View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 19, 2010, 10:02am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref View Post
This is the post that is really telling.

From what I read here this young official badly wants the praise and recognition of this coach. He is almost obsessed with him. He is somehow in awe of this coach because he won a state championship. He is terribly upset that this guy scratched him and desperately desires to get back into his good graces. He completely threw his partner under the bus to this coach during a scrimmage when he should have had the good sense to keep his mouth shut. Now he seeks to talk with this coach and win him over. He is even pleased that they shook hands following a JV game. The content of this post sickens me, and that's completely apart from the immature and juvenile profanity the author uses in a frustrated attempt to express himself. He wonders why he has trouble moving up in the officiating ranks.

We have some officials with these same characteristics in my local association. They so badly want to work the top games and have everyone tell them how wonderful they are. It's all about them being at the center of attention with the bright lights on them. The sad truth is that these people are among the worst officials in our entire group. They just have the wrong mental make-up for officiating.

The amusing aspect of all of this is the official is convinced that he was scratched because of a call that he partner made. He never even considers that it might have been his own behavior in interacting with this coach that earned him a block.
LOL! Nevada, I think you are on-point!