Thread: need advice
View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 19, 2010, 02:29am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by just another ref View Post
What is considered a legitimate reason to be scratched?
I would assume something like a coach thinking the referee is too lazy, doesn't care, doesn't know the rules, etc.

What I'm saying is like, in a situation I had two years ago, I got scratched by a state-champion coach for a no-call in my area that my partner called, during a JV, summer-league scrimmage, and he scratched ME. My partner was a new guy that season, and we were running 3-man as a "practice" run so we could all learn it. The coach was just standing in the corner watching this, and that was NOT me that f*cked up, but my partner. He's in the cornet yelling "that's not a back court!!!" and I looked at him and said "he's a new guy, I'll explain it to him at the next break" but I guess he wasn't having any of it and thought I should have overturned him at that moment.

Let me remind you, this was JV, in the summer, a MOTHERF*CKING< GOD-D*MN SCRIMMAGE! Again, SUMMER where no one gives a f*ck! I was wrongfully scratched from that game and could never get back on his good side since he's such an arrogant B*STARD.

BTW, it was his JV team that was the home team tonight and won. I tried to talk to him after the game but he just walked right by me after we shook hands. I guess the handshake is a good start. Found out he doesn't have an email address, so should I call him at his listed phone number to talk to him? Just looking for advice, which is a little OT from the OP.