Thread: need advice
View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 19, 2010, 01:59am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by just another ref View Post
From the OP, I thought he had muscled you out of the call. Where your partner should or should not have been looking is for another thread. He told you what he saw, and apparently was certain of it. You trusted your partner enough to change the call. Nothing wrong with that.
The thing is though... I still feel like an idiot, and the HC of the Varsity team of the school that lost texted a buddy of mine prior to meeting him at the bar to say "he might be good for lower level game". This is a highly respectable coach in this league and I took big offense of that comment when I know that was the only f*ck I had the whole game. I referee'd a good game and for him to say that I would never do a varsity game just made me furious.

My main problem is how some of the current varsity officials, who I know are bullsh*t officials, actually get preferred by some coaches when I've been told that I am better than them. Officiating is yet another profession that has become too political, that you have to kiss @$$ to move up. I'm not that type and I may be hanging up my whistle soon just for that reason. I kiss no one's A$$ just to move forward.