View Single Post
Old Sun Jan 17, 2010, 06:48pm
Esteemed Forum Member

"Seven. Eight. Nine." Is A No No ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhjordan23 View Post
In your situation, horn sounded thinking there was a substitution, I would have given you a new count. It was adult league rec ball after all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bas2456 View Post
I would have started a new count at any level.
It really doesn't matter what level of play it was. Once the lead handles the ball after the substitution, or non substitution, horn, there should have been a new count, anywhere from third graders up to the the NCAA, the NBA, and the Olympics. Again, my best guess here is that the counting official was distracted by the horn for the substitution, or non substitution, and did not see the ball get passed from the shooter, to the lead, back to the shooter, which should have started a new count at any level. This error I can understand, however, I can't understand this error: There is absolutely no excuse for the counting official to verbally count. This can be distracting, and disconcerting, to any shooter.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)