View Single Post
Old Sat Jan 16, 2010, 11:17am
Official Forum Member

Free throw count

Had a goofy one the other night. HS rules, adult league.
I get fouled while shooting, going to the line for 2.

I receive the ball from the official, start my 3 bounce ritual, which consists of, finding the air inlet, I then dribble once, twice, on the 3rd dribble, the inlet has come *360, goes between my index and middle fingers, and splash, about a 4-5 sec. routine. On my first dribble, one of my teammates enters the lane.
The side official tweets and rules a lane violation.

I toss the ball back to the baseline official, he's say's, 1 shot and tosses the ball back to me. I get 1 bounce in, when the horn sounds and the 3rd official tweets in a sub, I look over and the side ref see's there really is no sub and makes a go ahead type motion. I toss the ball back to the baseline official, who steps in the lane bat's the ball back towards me, steps back and in a counting motion say's "7, 8". I can't believe my eyes nor ears, and can't remember how long a player has to shoot a FT, but I'm thinking, he's thinking 10 seconds, so I catch and quickly flick one towards the hoop, ruin my perfect FT string on the year. Just wondering where this guy was coming from?
Questions:
1. How long does a shooter have on a FT?
2. Could this have been handled any worse by the BLO?
3. Could have/should have another official intervened?
4. Am I just hosed up thinking I was violated in some way?