View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 26, 2002, 07:37am
Official Forum Member

Flags and a rulebook

This is interesting. I can't believe this, but I'm actually going to have to agree with Derock on one thing, sorta. I would never take a rulebook out on the field with me for a game. However, I don't think Mr.Neil ever said that he would either. In my opinion, it makes you look real bad to take a rulebook out on the game field with ya.

Now, as for the 2 flags. I've worked with a bunch of officials that carry 2 flags. I only carry one flag myself. But its a personal preference issue. Its kinda like the issue of using a finger whistle or lanyard type. There are times when having 2 flags can be useful.

Derock, seriously, I'm not taking aim on you. But it really does seem like you need to spend some more time in the rulebook and casebook. Nobody is saying that game sense isn't important. But knowledge of the rules is IMPERATIVE. You must have the knowledge of the rules in order to properly officiate the game. In other words. Having air in your tires is an important thing when going on a trip, however, if your gas tank is empty it ain't gonna matter if your tires are properly inflated or not.

Take some time to study that rulebook at every opportunity you have. And then come back and battle these guys if you like. But until then, they will continue to carve you up like a christmas turkey if you don't know the rules.

The Doctor