View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 13, 2010, 03:53pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells View Post
Okay, I've dragged this on long enough. You're very close. I'm going to change the OP slightly.
First half, shooting foul called on B1, putting A1 at the line for two shots. It's B1's third, so coach sends a sub to the table. After the first shot, B6 comes in for B1. After B1 gets to the bench, A1 turns and taunts him. Official calls a T.

A) Coach wants to sub B1 back in to shoot the free throws for the T, since he's the best shooter. He then wants to take him out before the throw-in in order to prevent the fourth foul. Is this allowed?

B) Coach wants to put B7 in to shoot the free throws for the T, since he's the best shooter. He then wants to take him out before the throw-in because he's not really that great a player other than shooting free throws. Is this allowed?
A) Not allowed. B1 cannot entered until the next opportunity to sub after the clock has legally ran.

B) Legal as long as he isn't replaced by B1 or whomever B7 came in for.

My question is this. Say a sub reports after the warning horn during a time-out AND he is not a player that was subbed for since the clock was stopped prior to the time-out. Let's say he hasn't even been in the game yet.

The sub is not allowed to enter. The ball is handed to the thrower and before the ball is inbounded a foul is called on B1.

Can the sub at the table enter at this time? I say yes. I think that the clock running only applies to someone who is subbed for and wishes to re-enter.

Am I correct?