View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 12, 2010, 02:13am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref View Post
Hence the provision in our current contract with the member schools that they may scratch two officials. You have to give something to get something.

I can't imagine that the ADs like all the time that they spend scheduling officials.
We agree on that. What I'm saying that it's stupid. We should be at the same level, or higher, than coaches. But with the "scratching" provision, that puts them above us which, IMO, is wrong. Goes back to some comments that officials are more afraid to administer technical fouls on coaches, or to enforce other rules they feel would piss off that coach and give them a (wrong) reason to scratch them.

Here's another example. My buddy called a foul or some sort of infraction in a highly competitive boys Varsity game. Our league assignor was in the stands watching and 100% agreed with that call. However, it cost the one team the game and the next year, my buddy was scratched by that team.

If we are going to be scratched, the we should have the ability to know WHO scratched us (as our assignor is not supposed to let us know who scratched us), and that we can appeal that scratch if we feel we were wrongfully scratched for situations such as my buddy's or mine with the situation I mentioned earlier tonight.