View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 12, 2010, 01:10am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by representing View Post
Coaches can scratch up to 5 here I believe. I still thinks it is stupid. Not only that, but I honestly can say that there are some officials who are top-10 that shouldn't be doing games at the varsity level. It's too much of a popularity contest in a sense.

Here's another question. We're not supposed to, but do any of you talk with the coaches before the game? I'll go introduce myself, but usually my name goes in one ear and out the other and they forget it in the first quarter. I'm designing myself some business cards so coaches will remember my name when that list comes around every summer. I will even in a "notes" section on the back of it so they can say "he sucks" or something like that on the back of it. I got some important JV games coming up (important in that I want to do these teams' Varsity games) so I hope I can get these business cards ready by this Thursday. Trick I learned from a veteran official who has done D-I College games.
Sounds like you don't care for the system, but have decided to work within it in order to get what you want.