View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 11, 2010, 12:35pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by riden View Post
This was a strange one to me, Jr High Tournamnet, FIBA rules

Team A has ball, Team B blows a defensive assignment. Team A player wide open in the paint, Team A hits him with the pass he is ready to shoot no defensive player within 30 feet of him.

and meanwhile the Subway blimp type balloon is falling over, I can see it out of the corner of my eye and I choose to pretend I don't see it and let the boy shoot. It will have no impact on the play at all and it is a close game, 4th quarter. I figured let him shoot, blow the whistle, fix the balloon

My partner blows it dead just as the ball is about to leave the shooters hands. Damn

Shooters coach, grinds his teeth and shuts his mouth.

I say point of interuption, Team A ball under the net. My partner argues it's possesion arrow, team B ball. Team B coach comes over and my moron partner discusses it him first over me and they argee.

Who is right?
If your partner had waited until the shot was released, and it missed, he'd have been right. As it reads, he was not. Team control was still in place, so an interruption like this would revert to the team who had control. In this case, A.

But gee, I'm glad he discussed it with the other coach first.

Your partner screwed team A twice here.