View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 11, 2010, 11:52am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleringer View Post
I'm looking for a trick to help me out. I work about a half varsity, half small college basketball. A couple of times a year I find myself dropping the number of a player committing the foul. I did it the other night in a blow out game (the only person in the gym that knows I dropped it was me and maybe the kid that got charged with the foul, but he didn't say anything). I need a trick to help me make sure I don't lose numbers again. Anyone got anythinig useful? I'm not looking for suggestions on what to do when it happens, I know I can go to my partners, players (women's college encourages this) and the bench officials. I'm just looking for something I can do in my head to make sure I quit dropping numbers.
I can't shake it myself. For some reason, I tend to focus on my shooter and drop the fouler. Slowing down seems to be the key.

Along that line, If I give up a foul on a double whistle and point to calling partner, on occasion partner will point back at me to take it, by that time, I've purged everything. Hasn't happened lately, but when it does, I don't like to look stoopid at table.

Last edited by fullor30; Mon Jan 11, 2010 at 11:56am.