View Single Post
Old Sun Jan 10, 2010, 01:48pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amesman View Post
... I'd rather not take any more extra than necessary if they're not at my hand. (Boy, I hope that doesn't sound self-serving.)

I guess it comes down to: At what point and how can one, in essence say, "Hey, Coach, I agree with you and wouldn't have called that a foul" or, an urge I get fairly frequently, "Hey, Coach, there's a thing called 'reaching' and I'm not going to come from out at the trail position to correct my partner on a hack he passed on right in front of him on the baseline."
The home team or visiting team all lose, not just the players who are having an off-night.

If one person in the crew is having a horrible game, then the whole crew goes down. There is no way of distancing yourself from that. What you do is talk to your partner(s) during times-out or intermissions and try to get everyone back on the same page.

I have heard straight from the horse's mouth how the actions/performance of one crew member prevented the entire crew from advancing past the 1st round of an NCAA tournament.