Thread: What to Do?
View Single Post
Old Sun Jan 10, 2010, 09:00am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick View Post
MIssed the rule and he should hang it up. eh?
Is it just officials over 60 that bother you, or are you also recommending the same for officials over 20?
mick,
You COMPLETELY took my quote out of context. Nevadaref stated, "If he doesn't know it by now, he isn't going to change the way that he calls this". My point is that if we have officials who are NOT willing to keep up with the rules, it IS time for the official to hang them up.

PLEASE read my post, it CLEARLY STATES: "Therefore, if we have a 60+ year old official who does not care to learn the rules, it is time for said official to hang up the whistle."

I don't particularly care whether the official is 60+ or 30-, my statement stands. If ANY official does not care to keep up with the rules, they should stop officiating as we do have plenty of officials who are willing to keep up with the rules.

Not knowing a rule or interpretation is one thing. Nevada clearly implied -- as a response to my post that attempting to show this official that they did not know a rule -- was a waste of time because this official would not be open to learning something new.

I stand by my statement with conviction. For the officials still calling the game by the 1990 Rules Book or otherwise not willing to keep up with the latest Case Book and Interpretations, PLEASE step aside and give the newbies who WANT to keep up the opportunity to offiiate the games.