View Single Post
Old Sat Jan 09, 2010, 03:19am
Official Forum Member

Cut his Bulls Off!

I had a situation that goes along with breaking the code of respecting the difficult job officials try to do. This happened 8 years ago, but I remember it very well. All the reffs in this situation were volunteering there time. This was a middle school tournament game and it was the final 7 seconds. It was a one point game at this point with blue leading. I whistled a block on the blue team which gave the red team two foul shots. Both shots were made, and red eventually won the game. My partner and I go into the reff room after the game and are shooting the breeze. In walks an official that had done a couple of games with me earlier that day already. He says to us, "man you guys really F*&%^$$ that game up." He then takes off his jersey, crosses his name off the next game that he was already signed up to officiate and stomps out of the room. Partner and I were in such shock that neither said a word until after he left. We found out later that his son was on the losing team. I'll guarantee you that he will never reff another game in that gym. He's been totally blackballed from our association.