View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 07, 2010, 06:30pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by representing View Post
A1 is shooting a jump shot. On his way down, still airborne, he gets fouled by B1. Just as I'm blowing my whistle, my partner is blowing his whistle for a different foul. I go to talk to him and I told him what I had. He told me he had a push on A2. Opposite teams fouling, he said double foul. I said to him "ok, A1 will shoot two and then we go to the arrow". He said no, double fouls eliminate each other and we go to the arrow.

I'm pretty sure we should have given A1 two shots and then either go to the arrow or give B the ball out of bounds for the foul on A2. It was a blowout game from a few minutes into the game, and this occurred in the 4th quarter so it's not like it was going to affect the outcome.

Help with this one please?

In addition to this, I called an intentional foul for a player pushing a shooter in the back, and a technical on a player for chest-bumping an opponent. Both on the team losing with a very frustrated coach and heckling fans. Wasn't a good game tonight, I would have much rather been elsewhere.
This is a simultaneous foul, not a double foul - see 4-19-10, penalty summary is at the end of rule 10.

Other than that your partner was correct - no FT's, and since there was no team control at POI, you go to the arrow.

Last edited by TimTaylor; Thu Jan 07, 2010 at 06:32pm.