View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 05, 2010, 12:45pm
Official Forum Member

Some answers

Quote:
PS Just what DID you do to get this "honor"?
I guess I am just pretty well known as an umpire (BTW, I did not umpire any games in Senior Adult EVER). Just being old and someone who knows baseball might have made a difference. One of the Major Awards I won this year was from the Active and Old Timers Associaiton. A lot of these players attend that dinner as it embraces all Oregonians that have played professional baseball.

Quote:
" You know I am a certified umpire with xxx yrs of experience and you were out of position etc. etc. etc."
I could never go that way. I am way to committed to umpiring (remember I am going to be named a lifetime memeber of my local group, I will still teach at the statewide three umpire clinic, I am still the Secretary of the Fed State Baseball Umpire Committee, I am still an editorial member of the NFHS Magazine High School Today and that simple statement bothers me more than any other.)

Quote:
Heaven help any umpire that kicks a ruling in one of Tim's games.
I hope that I can talk to umpires (all of the umpires that will work these games are my brothers for my local associaiton.) Being they are working OBR I will need to be understanding.

Quote:
I will go with ZERO on the hook pool, since good umps generally know where the line is. However, I wonder if "22 all-stars that did not want to join other teams" is somewhat tongue in cheek..??
Actually these are the best individual players in the +30 league. They are banding together (BTW, they are all going to wear uniforms they already own from past teams -- kinda like the Arizona Fall League All-Stars -- few of them will match).

I cannot picture a "Bobby Cox" moment IF I select to take on this task.

Regards,