View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 05, 2010, 12:29pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTheRef View Post
After a lenghty substitution involving multiple fouls, A5 thought she was out of the game, after the ball is put into play A5 runs onto the playing court. At one time, this was a technical foul, but in the current NFHS case book, since there wasn't an advantage, no technical should be called. I think the case book/rule is 10.2.3c, not sure, I don't have my current rule or case book in front of me. Can someone tell me when this rule was changed? I read it in the current case book where it states no technical should be called, and looking at a old 2004-2005 case book that a technical should be called. I was again, wondering when this changed. Thanks,

2009/10 case book

10.3.2 SITUATION B: After a lengthy substitution process involving multiple
substitutions for both Team A and Team B, A5 goes to the bench and remains
there, mistakenly believing he/she has been replaced. The ball is put in play even
though Team A has only four players on the court. Team A is bringing the ball into
A’s frontcourt when the coach of Team A realizes they have only four players. The
coach yells for A5 to return and he/she sprints directly onto the court and catches
up with the play. RULING: No technical foul is charged to A5. A5’s return to
the court was not deceitful, nor did it provide A5 an unfair positioning advantage
on the court.