View Single Post
Old Sat Jan 02, 2010, 10:47am
Official Forum Member

2 of everything

My crew pokes fun at me because in my bag I've got at least 2 of everything, 2 pairs of shoes, 2 knickers, 2 of each shirt, 4 whistles, 3 flags, 3 bean bags in 2 colors, 2 clips, 3 down indicators, 3 hats (I only have 1 wh). Then this year at our playoff game 2 of them forgot whistles, and they didn't say a word about my abundant supply.

On the field I always (even for elementary games) 2 whistles, 2 flags, 2 bags, 2 down indicators, 1 clip (no matter my position) and most importantly 2 quarters. (sidestory: about 50% of the time I lose my quarter after the coin toss, About 5 years ago as we're getting set for OT I realized I had lost my quarter, thankfully the U had a spare, ever since I carry 2.)

I use 2 bags on 50% of punts when I'm BJ.

I've probably used 2 flags twice every 3 years.

This year in a radio game had 2. I was R, QB lined up in shotgun (5 yards deep for those who don't use coaching terms) he sent a HB (back) in motion and then while the back was in motion QB moved up under the center for the snap. Flag #1 for Illegal shift. He dropped back faked a reverse and scrambled to the left, under heavy pressure he threw the ball about 5 feet in front of him. It took me a second to get out the 2nd flag so much so that my LJ on that side was running in to remind me he didn't have any receivers in that area. A buddy back home listening on the radio said the announcers called me "flag happy" on that play. Of course the announcers were also upset about the grounding since the QB was "obviously out of the pocket." But as my buddy said when he told me about it, they thought they were "obviously at the wrong game" Do any colleges play 8-man football?