View Single Post
Old Sat Jan 02, 2010, 01:53am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMHCoachNRef View Post
Still another case of the COACHES VS. OFFICIALS scenario. Many referees, I mean officials (sorry, learned this in another thread ) have this adversarial relationship with coaches -- ESPECIALLY based on the pre-game discussion with the table in this case.

An official is not required to explain ANY call, much less a technical foul, BUT, the top officials do. They don't need to get into a discussion with a coach, just a short description will suffice.
Not across the board. I had a D1 Final Four official tell me and a room full of people that you should never explain Ts as a non-calling official. And it was not your job as that non-calling official to calm down a coach. Now apparently that works for him, I know officials that have no problem saying something to a coach. But when you stick them, if you want to give the next one go over and try to explain something to them.

Coaches are not stupid, they know why they are getting Ts most of the time. I have never seen a coach that did not seem to understand what they did or understand what not to do to get the next one. Somehow they get quiet and behave.

Peace