View Single Post
Old Sun Dec 22, 2002, 12:38am
Official Forum Member

If I am lead ( like I am assuming you were) and ball was about to be thrown-in, in a game like this. I will not go to the coaches and explain anything.
If I were a coach and you came over to talk to me I would start questioning why there was only .3 and should the clock have been stopped quicker. Bet I could get you to question it. How long was the trap was the jump immediate. Did it really take just 1.5 plus a second lag time? Did it take less and timer was slow? We could get into a good discussion. All the while my assistant is calling out the play and setting it up. You just gave me a timeout to set-up the play I could not have unless you stopped to come over. I took advantage of you.

If I were the coach I'd be wanting to talk to you about timing. Keep things quick! Coaches will take advantage of you!

I will talk loud enough and cmmunicate with my partner that ... .3 on clock must be tap! Now if the coach hears that's great if not I dont care.

One of my biggest pet peeves is how we slow the game down and fail to get the ball in play. We make the calls and get the ball back in play. The quicker we are the faster the next play comes, and the more likely the coaches CANT yell at us.