View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 30, 2009, 04:22pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins View Post
I'm not sure I intentionally ignore any*, but I do tend to have a more lenient view, or change the benefit of the doubt, in certain circumstances.

For example, A1 inbounds to A2, with no pressure. A2 tunrs to face up court and in doing so lifts the pivot foot slightly before beginning the dribble. Probably not called. A2 makes the same move in drivingt from the top of the key to the basket -- probably called. :shrug:

* -- one notable exception. A team shows up with 6 players. 5 play the first 30-minutes, and the team is losing by about 45 points. A6 enters the game. The ball is passes to A6 on the wing. Her eyes get real wide and her feet start doing the "curly shuffle." I think this was the first time she had ever played. I ignored (there, I said it) the traveling violation.
Say it ain't so!

OK, fine, yesterday we had a 40+ pt blowout in girls V. Everyone but A45 has played. With 1 min remaining A45 stands to go to the table to report (fans and players go nuts cheering her name). First opportunity to kill the clock I did (a rebound by B1, ball was live). Fans go crazy as A45 enters, girl had the biggest smile you'd see. Not ignoring a violation/foul, but more of a mechanic I guess.