Thread: NBA officials
View Single Post
Old Sat Dec 21, 2002, 05:00am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by BigDave
Quote:
Originally posted by ronald
Why is it important to appear "bigger on the court". I get the sense that you by being sharper and using better mechanics on the court he will be bigger. Is that what you mean to imply?

I do not make the criteria for the "in" set but this type of thinking is unethical IMHO. If the guy is outstanding and only needs to work on looking more crisp, then leave the bigger out (if I understand you correctly) and fight for the guy. Gets back to that thread about integrety.
This has nothing to do with integrity and ethics. Denny has pretty high aspirations and if I can give him valuable feedback that's been given to me, what's the problem? It is no secret that the successful officials in this business not only have the game to get where they want, but they also must look the part.

Denny likes and deserves honest feedback, so I give it to him. If that's wrong, then lock me away forever.

I'm also wondering the same things as Ronald was above. What exactly is "appearing bigger on the court" and how do you accomplish this? I'd appreciate your sharing that valuable feedback with us.