View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 20, 2002, 08:59am
Jerry Blum

Re: HS and college mix-up

Quote:
Originally posted by Nevadaref
Jerry Blum,
From your recent posts, I have learned that you are both a HS and college official. I'm also convinced that you are a pretty good one.
However, it seems that you might be lacking in your recent study of the NFHS rules. Did you take some time away from the high school game and just call college ball for a while?

As nicely as I can say this, you need to brush up on that Fed. rules book or make the decision to call only college games. You may not realize it, but you are actually not being fair to your HS partners/association if you are you getting confused and messing up the HS rules because of your college work.

I'm sure your college assignors would be all over you if you botched an NCAA rule due to time spent working HS ball. The assignor may well tell you to stop working NFHS games or stop working for him!

Just MHO and something you might consider thinking about.
Nevadaref,
Actually no I am not a college official. I am actually in my 3rd full year and this is my first year where the majority of my games are varsity games. I feel I have a pretty good handle on the rules but I am always trying to learn something more. Like I said in my original post I was pretty sure we handled this situation correctly I was just asked about it by one of the coaches and it left some doubt and I didn't have a chance to find it in the rule books.