View Single Post
Old Tue Dec 22, 2009, 11:58am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBall_Junkie View Post
Not necessarily true... We show up any where from 1.5 to 1 hour before the game. Many of us break down every game tape we get and review every call or questionable no-call. Many of the leagues I work put every game on a specific website that we are required by our supervisor to download and review. Many of us work games 3-6 nights per week and we talk about about plays in our pre-games, post games and with our colleagues while we spend countless hours on the road travelling to and from the games. This is all in addition to the thousands of dollars we spend each year and many weekends during the off season away from our families to get better and provide the participants the best product possible. You are severely underestimating the behind the scenes work that we as officials put in....
BBall_Junkie,
All true points. I am guessing that you are NOT talking about high school games that are required to be downloaded and reviewed. I think that this would be a good idea for HS referees for at least one or two games every year.

I would tell you that the TYPICAL high school referee does NOT review tapes of every game (many seldom, if ever, do).

The chief point in my post was to indicate that BOTH referees AND coaches have a difficult job that we should ALL respect.