View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 18, 2009, 11:18pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco View Post
Thanks, but I think I have all but acknowledged this. My question is, given the circumstances, was the T warranted or since I gave him the leash should I just have let him run with it?
I think this is a very good question. Personally, I find the T that I seem to question myself about later is the one I give late in the game after I have taken crap for three quarters. I have now realized this and I tend to be less worried about handing one out if it is earned. A few years ago, I would tend to take too much crap and then whamo. I feel like I either get them when they first deserve it, or else I have sent a message that their behavior is within acceptable limits then suddenly I change my mind. Does that make sense?

I know there are times when a coach will push it but then suddenly get out of line. Stick them, fine. I guess what I am saying is there shouldn't be a cumulative effect. Either they are unsporting or they are not. Pretty much, if you are questioning yourself whether you should have stuck them or not, especially if you are still wondering well after the game... then yes you should have stuck them. Kicking the bench = tweet! But in all honesty, I probably would have gotten this coach earlier than that.