View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 18, 2009, 02:25pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 26 Year Gap View Post
Just report it like any other foul and take the emotion out of it. Do not stare at the guy. Call it, report it and change places with your partner who will now give him the sit down speech.

I had one about 2 weeks ago. The guy was chirping like crazy early in the game. My back was to him as trail and I said loud enough for him to hear "That's enough, coach." I advised my partner at the next break, which was not a long time. I was then reporting a foul on one of his players and he started up again in a loud voice and was standing up and it was difficult to report the foul uninterrupted. I finished reporting the foul, blew my whistle, calmly made the T sign and we had no more problems the rest of the night. About 3 minutes into the 2nd qtr.

The more games you do, the more confidence you will have. And it will not look like you are gunning for anyone.
I don't think confidence is the problem. I was evaluated just the other night by one of the members of our board who said my confidence is varsity-level. And I did just that on reporting the T. I signaled to the bench, told my partner "Go talk to him" and went down and started administering the free throws while everyone yelled at me. No stare down, no emotion.

I would just rather handle the situation better next time so the perception of "gunning" for the coach isn't there. Perhaps a quicker T would accomplish that.