View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 17, 2009, 03:58am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anchor View Post
I didn't take the time to give all the details in the OP. Actually had U2 blow it dead. Told him "as soon as it leaves my hand, blow your whistle." I did not know what was going on at the table, but I knew that the right thing to do was to play the extra period, and the only way to guarantee that was to make the ball alive. There had been enough fuzzy things happening at the table between scorer A and B during the course of the game that I wasn't excited about having to declare a winner in a daggone good ballgame due to a table "error" when the score had been verified 6 or so times throughout the game.
So you knew that there was a problem, but then conspired with one of your fellow officials to play an extra period anyway?

That may be the most unethical action that I've ever heard of an official taking. I'm totally ashamed that you are an officiating colleague. You flat out cheated and screwed whichever team should have won following the end of the 4th quarter.

What is the proper thing to do "in your judgment" is not what is the correct thing to do for a real official who actually has the courage to enforce the rules as written.