Thread: bad day
View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 16, 2009, 03:50pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsl View Post

At start of second half, throw-in goes into backcourt and within about two steps I call a quick hand check foul on the defense. As I report the foul, I check the clock and realize it never started. Since the ball went into the backcourt, I had started a ten second count, but in the process of getting the foul I can't remember what count I reached. Without definite knowledge, I don't take any time off. Defensive coach goes ballistic and says if I don't take time off I have to take away the foul, too...
Well, if you started a backcourt count then that means you have definite knowledge that at least 1 second should have come off the clock.

If you remember swinging your arm at least twice, then you know that 2 seconds should come off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsl View Post
Now both coaches are ticked. One thinks he should get another shot, the other knows he would have got the rebound and now doesn't get the ball. About two minutes later another player fouls out and the other coach refuses to provide a sub as a protest over the whole thing, so I have to T him up.

The T finally settles things down, and we ride out the last two minutes.

Well, this is something that you did right, so not all was lost.